As well as being Independent Financial Advisers (IFAs), we are proud to have been awarded the prestigious Chartered Financial Planners designation by the Chartered Insurance Institute (CII).
We often get asked why we are a firm of Chartered Financial Planners? Up until recently we responded by extolling the virtues of being a Chartered firm, such as:
- This is the profession’s gold standard for firms of financial planners
- When you use a Chartered firm you are dealing with accredited individuals
- It confirms that we have satisfied rigorous qualification criteria by retaining and developing highly-qualified staff who subscribe to the membership conditions of the CII
- It involves a commitment to continuing professional development and adherence to a Code of Ethics
- Chartered titles are the benchmark of professional excellence and integrity
Recently, we have started to answer this question, by posing our own! Rather than ask “Why are you Chartered”, a more pertinent question is to ask the firm you are dealing with “Why are they not Chartered?”
There are likely to be only three answers to this question, either:
- On the whole, their workforce does not have the necessary depth and breadth of experience and qualifications, as a certain number of staff need to be chartered to qualify the firm for this status
- The firm does not wish to sign up to the Chartered Insurance Institute’s Code of Ethics
- The firm’s advisers have equivalent qualifications approved by a different professional body
If the answer is anything other than the last, careful thought should be given about whether the firm is right for you!
For a firm of our size to have achieved Chartered status, this is by no means an easy feat. We were named as one of finalists in the CII’s “Chartered Financial Planners of the Year Award” for 2011 and 2012. We are the only dedicated firm of financial planners to have achieved this accolade for two successive years. Our nomination as one of the finalists in Money Marketing Awards’ Corporate Adviser of the Year 2012, alongside some of the country’s largest employee benefits consultants, is further testament to our professionalism, the quality of our advice and ability to attract and retain some of the region’s biggest and well-known employers.
If you wish to talk to us more about being Experienced and Chartered, and how this means our service stands above the rest, contact Trevor Clark or Mike Gordon on 0191 217 3340 or email Trevor.Clark@rwpfg.co.uk or Mike.Gordon@rwpfg.co.uk.